These Greek yogurt marinated chicken thighs are a culinary delight that awakens the senses with their tantalizing aroma and mouthwatering flavor. The Greek yogurt, with its creamy tang, imparts a luscious and slightly tangy note that perfectly balances the zesty harmony of lemon, garlic, and a fragrant blend of herbs and spices. The grill-kissed smokiness adds an irresistible depth to this dish, while a subtle hint of paprika and a touch of black pepper offer a gentle kick of warmth.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and spices. mix thoroughly so that the mixture spreads evenly. As an option, you can mix the marinade first and then add the chicken.
2. Place the chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish. Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
3. Start the coals or preheat your grill to 375-400°F (190-200°C).
4. Take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature while the grill heats up. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
5. Grill the chicken thighs for about 5-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the chicken is cooked through. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken thighs.
5. Serve and enjoy!
As a family we sliced the chicken thighs and made Greek bowls with quinoa, cucumber, hummus, bell peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese and pita bread. Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinate: 1-24 Hours
Cook time: 8-12 minutes
3-4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Oden's Kitchen All-Purpose Rub
2 tbsp Oden's Kitchen Basic Blend