Indulge in the savory delight of our Giant Stuffed Zucchini Boats, a culinary masterpiece that brings together the wholesome crunch of zucchini with a medley of seasoned ground beef or ground turkey, vibrant vegetables, and a perfect blend of melted mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Each boat is a flavorful voyage, enriched with the aromatic essence of oregano and basil, creating a symphony of tastes that dance on your palate.
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise, and scoop out the insides to create boat-like shells. Chop the scooped-out zucchini flesh and set it aside if you would like yo use it later in ground beef/turkey mix.
3. In a skillet, cook the ground beef or turkey over medium heat until browned. Drain excess fat.
4. Add onions, bell peppers, and minced garlic to the skillet. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
6. Place the hollowed zucchini boats in a baking dish. Fill each boat with the beef and vegetable mixture.
7. Top each boat with shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan cheese. Drizzle olive oil over the stuffed zucchinis.
8. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the zucchinis are tender.
9. Remove the foil and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese.
10. Drizzle remaining marinara sauce over the zucchini boats to your liking.
11. Serve your giant stuffed zucchini boats hot, and enjoy!
Feel free to customize with your favorite toppings or additional herbs for extra flavor.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
1-2 large zucchinis
1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 cup diced onions
1 diced red bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tbsp Oden's Kitchen All-Purpose Rub
1 tbsp Oden's Kitchen Basic Blend
Olive oil for drizzling
24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce (optional)