Pineapple chicken skewers are a tantalizing fusion of sweet and savory flavors, perfect for those seeking a tropical twist on a classic grilled chicken.
1. Start off by marinating chicken thighs in tamari and Oden's Kitchen Basic Blend.
2. Next, prepare the pineapple and bell pepper by cutting up a whole pineapple into 1-1.5 inch cubes and cutting the bell pepper into one inch squares.
3. Lay out the chicken thighs flat and cut them into one inch strips.
4. Build your skewers by rotating bell pepper, pineapple, chicken, bell pepper, pineapple, chicken until each skewer is full.
PREPARING THE PEANUT SAUCE
5. Add peanut butter, tamari, maple syrup, sriracha and lime juice into a bowl. Mix with water until you get a consistency you prefer for dipping or drizzling. Set aside.
COOKING THE SKEWERS
6. Rotate the skewers over high heat every couple of minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165. Use tongs and a heat glove for safety as the coals will get extremely hot.
7. Drizzle the peanut sauce over your cooked skewers and serve warm. This was a perfect summer, pool-day recipe and the kids loved them! Enjoy!
RECIPE / INGREDIENTS
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1/4 cup Tamari
2 tbsp Oden's Kitchen Basic Blend
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp sriracha
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 water to thin